Our planet is nearing, but has not passed, a tipping point. We still have a window of opportunity, but we need to act now. We can reverse the detrimental effects of climate change, and trees are how we fight back.
Planting trees is the simplest, cheapest, and most effective means of removing excess carbon dioxide (the main cause of climate change) from the air.
Here are the facts:
- Atmospheric CO2 can be neutralized by trees.
- A single tree can absorb 48 pounds of CO2 annually; they use the carbon dioxide in the process of photosynthesis.
- One acre of forest can store as much as 100 metric tons of CO2 and absorb the equivalent of CO2 emitted driving a car 26,000 miles.
- Carbon dioxide makes trees healthier and less susceptible to extreme weather.
- The carbon footprints of 18 average Americans can be neutralized by one acre of hardwood trees.
- Temperatures are lowered by transpiring water and shading surfaces, which occurs as trees grow and mature.
- Ten room-size air conditioners operating twenty hours per day are replaced by a single tree.
ReTree today, and help us reverse climate change and plant roots for a better tomorrow!